[cfe-dev] Using clang static analyzer on linux with Objective C for arm-apple-darwin9-gcc

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:01:46 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Jay Bone <jbonedev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm wondering if this is the right forum (mailing list) to ask for help with
> using Clang static analyzer ccc-analyzer on Linux with Objective C code for
> arm-apple-darwin9-gcc.

This is the right place to ask.

> I have an Objective C project which compiles fine under Fedora 8 on x86
> gcc-4.2.1 cross compiler for arm-apple-darwin9.
>
> When I use scan-build with ccc-analyzer it fails to compile. The first
> compiler error is
> /Projects/iphone/toolchain/toolchain/sys/usr/include/Foundation/NSObject.h:105:
> error: expected ‘;’ before ‘__attribute__’
>
> I can provide more info, please let me know what kind of info is needed.

Is that error coming out of gcc?  (The complete console output might
be useful here.)  If it is, it's probably a bug in the scan-build
script.  Also, if you could show a few lines around the error, it
might be useful for figuring out what exactly the error is complaining
about.

-Eli