[cfe-dev] AST XML dump

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Tue May 19 05:14:57 PDT 2009

Hi @clang-community,

so now the first version is ready for commiting. I've attached the
appropriate patch.
It would be nice if someone could review it in the very near future and
comment on it.
So far I'm going to keep the direction of the current work.

Douglas Gregor schrieb:
> http://www.gccxml.org/HTML/Index.html
>
> Matching the GCC-XML format means that other tools meant to work with
> GCC-XML (e.g., Pyste) could also work with Clang as a front end.
I tried to keep it as similiar as possible to GCC-XML. However some
things I coudn't keep, other things I won't keep.
For instance I encapsulate the type and context references at the end of
the document in separate sections. But IMHO it should be easy to adapt
tools
working with GCC-XML to clang-XML since mainly the document structure
has changed (it got more structured ;-).
There are still a lot of things to do and the patch isn't meant to be
complete even for C. But it should give a good starting point for
discussions and further work anyway.

Best
Olaf Krzikalla