[cfe-dev] Using the new clang driver

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Mar 30 08:23:03 PDT 2009

2009/3/29 Xiaotian Zhang <zhpalt at gmail.com>

> Thanks, I forgot it.
>
> And I try your test with clang too, but it's seems clang is slower than
> gcc. I just svn update last night from trunk. You said it's the new clang
> driver, and how can I get it?

The new clang driver is what is now the "clang" executable. When you are
comparing clang to gcc, are you using a Release-Asserts build (i.e., "make
ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 DISABLE_ASSERTIONS=1")? If not that is probably the
answer. Otherwise if you feel like investigating further feel free to file
performance related bugs.

 - Daniel