[cfe-dev] scan-build fails to find clang-cc

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat Mar 28 15:14:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

I recently installed clang on a FreeBSD box and have started building
my code using it.  on FreeBSD the clang-cc binary is installed
in /usr/local/libexec but it seems scan-build looks
in /usr/local/bin/libexec first and then tries /usr/local/bin :

my $ClangSB = Cwd::realpath("$RealBin/libexec/clang-cc");

# Also look for 'clang-cc' in the same directory as scan-build.
if (!defined $ClangSB || ! -x $ClangSB) {
  $ClangSB = Cwd::realpath("$RealBin/clang-cc");
}

I'm not familiar with the filesystem layout on OS X but should the first
path be "$RealBin/../libexec/clang-cc" ?

--
Bruce Cran