[cfe-dev] uninitialized variable warning, etc

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:46:08 PST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2009, at 11:45 PM, रजनीश wrote:
>>
>> Here are some examples taken from ffmpeg-export-2008-12-18
>
> These are all exactly the sorts of things that the warning was designed to
> catch.  Are spaces really that horrible to use? :)

Trying to dictate a coding style using compiler warnings isn't
productive.  I like the suggestion that we should warn on "=- " (with
a trailing space), but not not just "=-"; the false positive rate with
the trailing space should be almost zero, and the people using a
coding style that puts spaces around operators keep the benefit of the
warning.

-Eli