[cfe-dev] Can no longer build Clang with MSVC

AlisdairM(public) public at alisdairm.net
Wed Jun 24 10:59:22 PDT 2009

Something has changed in the Clang project in the last 48 hours that means I can no longer build clangFrontEnd, using MSVC Express 2008.

The problem is in the move semantics of ownership.h, and looks like a Visual C++ bug that a class template cannot access members of its own type in its constructor.  I have tried following the note in the comments to enable /Za but that doesn't seem to be helping.

The really odd thing is that it does not look like this file has been updated for a while, so why it suddenly fails for me now I have no idea.

Any hints that might get me started again appreciated.

Also (unrelated) I have been waiting for >5 days now for a password to Bugzilla, and not received a response from mailing the support link on the sign-up page (other than to say its in an a moderator queue)  Is this normal?

If not, again any help in expediting the process would be appreciated!

Thanks,
AlisdairM