[cfe-dev] AST processing toolbox

AlisdairM(public) public at alisdairm.net
Fri Jun 12 13:03:51 PDT 2009

My thought here was not so much to adopt (elements of) Boost, but of
std::tr1.  Most modern C++ compilers ship with TR1, and Boost provide
a freely available 3rd party solution for older compilers the vendor
no longer supports.  In principle though, this is merely another part
of your standard library now, lurking in namespace tr1 ahead of
formal standardisation in C++0x.

Now that might still be more than we want to depend on - as you say
we have come this far without it.  I believe it offers significant
value though, if it is something we can assume from a 'standard'
C++ installation.

AlisdairM