[cfe-dev] ParseObjCSelectorPiece and C++0x keywords

Fariborz Jahanian fjahanian at apple.com
Sat Jul 11 10:08:38 PDT 2009

On Jul 11, 2009, at 8:47 AM, AlisdairM(public) wrote:

> I'm working on my Unicode patch - step 2 and adding support for
> char16/32_t, mostly by following the pattern set out by wchar_t.
> This should quickly give the needed functionality, but might miss a
> few warnings on using 0x extensions.
>
> The one place I have hit that I am not sure I should follow is
> Parser::ParseObjCSelectorPiece, which seems to contain a list of all
> the C++ and C99 keywords but none of the C++0x keywords, not even
> those we implement such as static_assert, although it does contain
> keywords we don't support such as export.

Selector names can be one of c/c++ keyword; as in:
@interface I
- goto;
- continue;
- class;
@end

Presumably to be compatible with gcc. Since C++0X keywords words are
all new, there is no need to allow them in objc (unless, if they are
already being used). So, we add them if there is existing use.

- fariborz