[cfe-dev] make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 fails

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Jul 9 09:48:40 PDT 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 1:13 AM, Robert Purves wrote:

> Hoping to examine clang's performance, I attempted a Release build of
> LLVM + clang. After 'make update' from my llvm directory to update to
> revision 75115:
>
> $ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
> llvm[1]: Compiling Alarm.cpp for Release build
> llvm[1]: Compiling Atomic.cpp for Release build
> llvm[1]: Regenerating LibDeps.txt.tmp
> llvm[1]: Updated LibDeps.txt because dependencies changed
> llvm[1]: Checking for cyclic dependencies between LLVM libraries.
> find-cycles.pl: Circular dependency between *.a files:
> find-cycles.pl:   libLLVMAsmPrinter.a libLLVMCodeGen.a
> libLLVMSelectionDAG.a
> llvm[1]: Building llvm-config script.
> cat: /Users/rp/Desktop/llvm/tools/llvm-config/FinalLibDeps.txt: No
> such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [/Users/rp/Desktop/llvm/Release/bin/llvm-config] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> This is on OS X 10.5.7. The error persists after 'make clean'. A Debug
> build is normal.

It works for me on 10.5.7 with:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5484)

Please go into tools/llvm-config and use  "make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1
VERBOSE=1".  That should show you how the dependency generation script
is running, it takes a -why option.  Please send me the output off-
list (it's large) and I'll see if I can help.

-Chris