[cfe-dev] Fwd: [cfe-commits] r61797 - /cfe/trunk/include/clang/AST/DeclBase.h

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jan 6 13:54:57 PST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Piotr Rak wrote:

>> +  bool isInIdentifierNamespace(unsigned NS) const {
>> +    return getIdentifierNamespace() & NS;
>> +  }
>> +
>>  // getBody - If this Decl represents a declaration for a body of
>> code,
>>  //  such as a function or method definition, this method returns
>> the top-level
>>  //  Stmt* of that body.  Otherwise this method returns null.
>>

> This is fine, however we will have to check more and more conditions
> in LookupDecl, and it will get more arguemnts. How about passing
> predicate object to LookupDecl + some Sema methods creating predicates
> for most common cases?

Are you asking about this patch or lookup decl in particular?  I also
agree that having tons of different flags on lookupdecl is
suboptimal.  Instead of having lots of bools, it would be better to
use |'d together enums.  It's easier to tell what LookupDecl(...,
LD_NameSpaceOnly|LD_FOOBar) does than LookupDecl(..., true, false,
false, true).

-Chris