[cfe-dev] The effects of exact diagnostic checking

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Sat Feb 7 14:19:42 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Sebastian Redl wrote:
> I've updated all test cases to this new scheme were there were no
> bugs,
> but some are left failing.

:-(  This is kinda annoying.  If 100 people did this with 10 test
cases apiece, at any given time, there would be about 1000 failing
test cases, and the poor developers would then have to puzzle out
which failures are theirs, which failures mark real bugs in their work
that they now can't catch and so on.  Imagine we have a cron job that
reverts all work that doesn't result in a clean test suite run.

I now have 13 failing test cases, you only listed nine, and before I
updated, I had 0.  :-(  That leave me wondering what happened with 4
of them.