[cfe-dev] Templates (again)

Andrew Sutton andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 06:05:16 PST 2009

> Sorry for the *long* delay... it's about time for us to get rolling on
> templates, eh?

No problem... I've had lots to keep my busy in the meantime :) I'm not
enturely sure what to work on from here. I've been thinking about revisit
the parsing and look at improving ICE parsing for default non-type
parameters and the '>>' problem.

> I modified ActOnTag to return *either* a TagDecl or a TemplateDecl.
>

> Hrm. I'm not thrilled with this, especially since it's only really there to
> make the TemplateDecl get up to ParseExternalDeclaration. I left off this
> part of the patch, which we can revisit later when we need it. DeclSpecs
> shouldn't refer to templates at all, and the DeclSpec itself won't even be
> used for anything.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with the solution either.

... and, after resolving all of the conflicts from a month of development,
> no regressions on my system, either. Yay!
>
> I've committed this patch, here:
>

> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20090202/011754.html

I'm going to have to spend a weekend relearning the code base - I haven't
looked at it since I submitted that last patch. It's too bad I don't have
another Christmas break coming up soon.

On a side note, I am now a big fan of variadic templates.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com