[cfe-dev] [Patch] AST support, and unqualified name lookup for using-directives

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Mon Feb 2 13:17:53 PST 2009

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> Is it even possible to have a using directive that nominates an
> anonymous namespace? I guess it depends on how we implement unnamed
> namespaces.

I think we should implement them exactly like it says in the standard -
generate a unique name (preferably containing something that is illegal
in an identifier) and add the using directive for that namespace. This
approach means that there is no special casing except when
pretty-printing, which sounds very attractive to me.

Sebastian