[cfe-dev] ast-dump option in clang-cc not working?

Fariborz Jahanian fjahanian at apple.com
Mon Dec 21 14:54:40 PST 2009

We generally have not kept up-to-date with -ast-dump.
But a simple hello.c seems to work for me:

% cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
	printf("HELLO");
}

$clang -cc1 -ast-dump hello.c

typedef __int128_t __int128_t;
typedef __uint128_t __uint128_t;
struct __va_list_tag {
     unsigned int gp_offset;
     unsigned int fp_offset;
     void *overflow_arg_area;
     void *reg_save_area;
};
typedef struct __va_list_tag __va_list_tag;
typedef __va_list_tag __builtin_va_list[1];
typedef signed char __int8_t;
typedef unsigned char __uint8_t;
typedef short __int16_t;
typedef unsigned short __uint16_t;
typedef int __int32_t;
typedef unsigned int __uint32_t;
typedef long long __int64_t;
typedef unsigned long long __uint64_t;
typedef long __darwin_intptr_t;
typedef unsigned int __darwin_natural_t;
typedef int __darwin_ct_rune_t;

- Fariborz