[cfe-dev] Finding redundant #includes

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Sat Dec 12 11:56:40 PST 2009

Doing it correctly wouldn't be too hard from the AST perspective, but would be tricky when considering preprocessor logic.  Any macros defined in a header and later used outside that header causes a dependency.  Moreover, if a file can be compiled under different contexts, e.g., on Mac OS X one can compile for i386, x86_64, etc., then the "liveness" of a #include can change between translations.