[cfe-dev] Hitting LexIdentifier with a minor performance hit

Sean Hunt rideau3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:40:28 PST 2009

Hey,

I'd like to split LexIdentifier into two functions so that the actual
identifier lexing logic can be reused for user-defined literal suffixes.
Since this is a change to the lexing code that will probably have a
negative performance impact, however slight (one function call of
overhead per identifier is added; one goto is removed per "nasty"
identifier (a \, $, or ? is present)), I wanted to check it by first.

The effective change is that the literal lexing code will be able to use
LexIdentifierInternal to parse the suffix when I add that in.

Sean