[cfe-dev] vector function return type

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:34:41 PST 2009

I'm looking at bug 5650 about using vector return types on functions, which
is kind of difficult, not knowing all the ramifications of the type system.

For example, I need to change the return type of a function declaration, but
there aren't any accessors for that.  Is that because it's complicated?

For example, since the QualType can apparently point to something, is that
allocated storage, such that it would leak if I just assigned to it, or is
the memory managed elsewhere?  Sorry, I probably should just study it some
more.

Anyway, I've taken a stab at the bug fix, but I'm guessing it's not the
right approach.  I added a couple of setters to FunctionDecl and
FunctionType for the return type, not know if this is doable.  In the
vector_size handler, I don't try to handle all the other types that need
handling at this point, just wanting to get the vector return types to work
as a first step.

-John

--
John Thompson