[cfe-dev] [patch] Support explicit C++ member operator syntax

James Porter porterj at alum.rit.edu
Sat Aug 29 21:55:53 PDT 2009

Sean Hunt wrote:
> James Porter wrote:
>> +  x.operator; // expected-error{{missing type specifier after 'operator'}}
>>
>> - Jim
>
> That error message should probably read "missing type specifier or
> operator after 'operator' keyword" or something similar.

Hm, probably. However, you get the same error when doing something like
the following:

struct foo {
     operator typedef();
     // or...
     int operator typedef();
};

I can't think of any cases off the top of my head where conversion
functions are allowed but overloaded operators aren't allowed, so maybe
this is just a case where the error message needs changed.

- Jim