[cfe-dev] how to write/read a 32bits-location info?

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Wed Aug 19 06:16:15 PDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:37 AM, wangjue1985 wrote:
> now I need to write a programe like the sourcelocation of clang.and
> I design a method that 16bits for fileid and last 16bits for
> LineNO,but how can I write/read a 32bits-location info? need for
> help !

If you need general help programming, this is a wrong place for
generic help in programming.  If you're a university student, usually
they'll have a computer lab with people that can offer assistance.
Beyond that, there are many resources on the web, comp.lang.c is a
discussion group (see http://groups.google.com/ to get into that
group) that may be appropriate.  If you need specific help in using
clang, you'd have to explain in detail what you are doing, what you
want to do, what it doesn't do and how exactly you want to change it,
along with the part of the problem you need specific help with.  For
example, int16_t is one way to get a 16-bit value, if you want a 32-
bit value, just use int32_t.  If that doesn't answer your question,
you'll need to write more for us to understand the question.