[cfe-dev] Code freeze this friday! (LLVM 2.6/Clang 1.0)

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Mon Aug 17 13:06:35 PDT 2009

My apologizes for not mailing the clang list with these reminders. I
will do better for the 2.7 release. The release plan is a work in
progress for Clang, meaning that we will try an approach for this
release and then refine it as we learn from what works and what does
not. So please, bear with us.

The 2.6 code freeze is this friday, August 21, at 9pm PDT.

All major changes should be checked into SVN at this time. Please
monitor the buildbots closely for any failures.

I ask you to be very cautious with what you commit to svn over the
next few days. This is not the time to be adding experimental code :)
Please help us keep Clang/LLVM as stable as possible over the next few
days.
This will make the release much smoother for the release team.

If you have some spare cycles, please review the documentation and see
if anything needs updating for the 2.6 release.

Thanks!
-Tanya