[cfe-dev] EvaluateAsLValue and non global storage

Abramo Bagnara abramobagnara at tin.it
Mon Aug 17 08:54:53 PDT 2009

For an AST simplification application we'd need the exact same services
of Expr::EvaluateAsLValue and other helper in ExprConstant.cpp but
without current failure when DeclRefExpr has not global storage.

There's a strong reason to abort the evaluation and to not instead
return an LValue APValue with a non global storage base?

This condition could be checked later from result value making the
service given more general.

Of course we could also copy the entire content of ExprConstant.cpp
commenting a row, but of course we'd prefer to avoid that if it's not
strictly needed.