[cfe-dev] Patch to fix 2>&1 > /dev/null tests on Windows

Baptiste Lepilleur baptiste.lepilleur at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:23:58 PDT 2009

2009/8/12 John Thompson <john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com>

> Baptiste,
>
> Having found I forgot to fix the paths in the count.bat and not.bat files,
> I tried your patches again, but still had the following results:
>
> After add_python_exe_path.patch, no change:  64 failures (no change)
> After stderr_redirection.patch: 106 failures
> ...assuming I applied the patch correctly.  I had to do it manually because
> of differences in our versions.
>
> -John

I also needed to create a directory e:\dev to allow /dev/null file to be
created.

Have a look at your failure, if you see some error such as header "stdio.h"
or "wchar.h" missing, then you need to change
InitHeaderSearch::AddDefaultSystemIncludePaths (in
tools\clang\lib\Frontend\InitHeaderSearch.cpp).

I've pushed my change on https://code.launchpad.net/llvm mirror. Checks the
win32 branches.

I currently have the following failures:

Failing Tests (45):
        .\Analysis\casts.c
        .\Analysis\complex.c
        .\Analysis\null-deref-ps.c
        .\CodeGenCXX\new.cpp
        .\CodeGenCXX\references.cpp
        .\CodeGen\address-space-field1.c
        .\CodeGen\address-space-field2.c
        .\CodeGen\address-space-field3.c
        .\CodeGen\address-space-field4.c
        .\CodeGen\cast-to-union.c
        .\CodeGen\const-init.c
        .\CodeGen\mandel.c
        .\CodeGen\mmintrin-test.c
        .\CodeGen\stack-protector.c
        .\Driver\dragonfly.c
        .\Driver\freebsd.c
        .\Driver\hello.c
        .\Driver\openbsd.c
        .\Driver\pth.c
        .\Frontend\dependency-gen.c
        .\Lexer\11-27-2007-FloatLiterals.c
        .\Misc\predefines.c
        .\PCH\exprs.c
        .\PCH\reloc.c
        .\Parser\cxx-template-decl.cpp
        .\Preprocessor\header_lookup1.c
        .\Preprocessor\line-directive.c
        .\Preprocessor\macro_paste_bcpl_comment.c
        .\SemaCXX\implicit-int.cpp
        .\SemaCXX\nested-name-spec.cpp
        .\SemaCXX\nullptr.cpp
        .\SemaCXX\typedef-redecl.cpp
        .\SemaTemplate\example-dynarray.cpp
        .\SemaTemplate\nested-name-spec-template.cpp
        .\Sema\complex-int.c
        .\Sema\complex-promotion.c
        .\Sema\const-eval.c
        .\Sema\const-ptr-int-ptr-cast.c
        .\Sema\exprs.c
        .\Sema\format-strings.c
        .\Sema\i-c-e.c
        .\Sema\init.c
        .\Sema\return.c
        .\Sema\static-init.c
        .\Sema\wchar.c

I've checked a few of them and they seems to be real failures. Though, I
couldn't figure out where to find the current list of failure on buildbot...