[cfe-dev] Patch to fix 2>&1 > /dev/null tests on Windows

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Wed Aug 12 17:38:37 PDT 2009

Hi Baptiste,

This patch isn't quite correct, the situation is both more complicated
and simpler. What the script needs to do is just model the file
mappings (which start out as the default), and then apply each
redirection to that model. Then at the end, it needs to verify that we
can call the subprocess module with the right settings to match the
redirection.

For now, a simpler patch which I would be fine with is to just change
those 4 tests to use a temporary file instead of shell redirection
fun, e.g.:

RUN: clang 2> %t
RUN: grep 'file ...' %t | count 3

 - Daniel