[cfe-dev] Function Call Rewriting

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Aug 12 09:19:27 PDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Makslane Araújo Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> I want to catch the err_typecheck_call_too_few_args error (int the
> DiagnosticClient::HandleDiagnostic) and get the function call thats
> causes the error:
>
> void func1(int a) {}
>
> void func2()
> {
>    func1(); //error here
> }
>
> I've no idea how to get the information that is the func1 call is
> causing the error.

the easiest way to find it is with grep:

$ cd llvm/tools/clang
$ grep err_typecheck_call_too_few_args lib/*/*
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:    return Diag(TheCall->getLocEnd(),
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:    return Diag(TheCall->getLocEnd(),
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:    return Diag(TheCall->getLocEnd(),
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:    return Diag(TheCall->getLocEnd(),
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp:
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)
lib/Sema/SemaExpr.cpp:      return Diag(RParenLoc,
diag::err_typecheck_call_too_few_args)

-Chris