[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang test runner changes

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Tue Aug 4 11:49:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Mike Stump<mrs at apple.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Shantonu Sen wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible for the .script file to include the PATH change
>> in its text so it's easier to run the .script file manually to
>> reproduce failures?
>
> I got hit by this just today...  I'd like it as well.  :-)

Yes, I hope to improve this as part of the move to running commands
internally (without a shell). The commands will probably get the path
resolved, and the error output will include the full command which
should reproduce the error when run from the command line. I can also
have it dump the .script as it does now with resolved paths, on
failures.

A related problem I would like to solve is that it is impossible to
tell what failed in tests like:
--
RUN: clang ... -o %t
RUN: grep ... | count 1