[cfe-dev] PATCH: Overloaded function declarations in C++

Argiris Kirtzidis akyrtzi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:22:30 PDT 2008

Hi Doug,

I now see much more clearly the design purpose of "Overload"
type/OverloadedFunctionDecl.
If you have something like this:

void f(int); // #1
void f(float); // #2
void (*g)(int) = f; // #3

you'd want the "f" expression at #3 to have "Overload" type so that you
can do "overload conversion".

What would the expression at #3 look like after the overload resolution
? Will the "DeclRefExpr(OverloadedFunctionDecl)" be replaced by a
"DeclRefExpr(FunctionDecl #1)" ?

-Argiris