[cfe-dev] ParseTag only called from ParseEnumSpecifier

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Sep 4 08:41:50 PDT 2008

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the very lucid explanation.  It seems to me that because of
the commonality with the parsing logic for C that ParseClassSpecifier
should be moved to ParseDecl.cpp.  Completely C++-specific parsing
logic that it calls (e.g., ParseCXXMemberSpecification) should be left
in ParseDeclCXX.cpp.

My other thought is that "ActOnTag" should be renamed (as Steve
suggested), and only be called for struct/unions/classes.  I propose
then that we also have a separate action for enums, since they really
do represent a different part of the grammar once "ActOnTag" gets
renamed.  As Steve pointed out, it seems strange that ActOnTag is
called from two different code paths in the parser.

Ted