[cfe-dev] static_cast and dynamic_cast semantic checks

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Tue Oct 28 15:20:25 PDT 2008

Sebastian Redl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Attached patch contains semantic checks for dynamic_cast and
>>> static_cast, as far as the current class support allows either. This
>>> also subsumes the small patch I asked permission for on Friday,
>>> which was a side effect of my static_cast work.
>> Aaaaand ... here's the updated version, merged with Doug's big patch.
> And another one, merged with the reference patch and with the
> reference hack unwraps removed.
Another update. This adds a rudimentary implementation of 8.5.3
(reference binding) to TryCopyInitialization. This allows references to
bind to less cv-qualified versions of the same type as well as to
subclasses of the reference type, which is a considerable improvement
over the current situation. Subclass checking is not as stringent as it
should be.
This isn't in the actual initialization code yet, but it works for
static_cast and should work for argument passing.

Sebastian