[cfe-dev] FunctionDecls by typedef crash the C++ front-end

Argiris Kirtzidis akyrtzi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:10:58 PDT 2008

Chris Lattner wrote:

> Two options here.  The best is probably for the C++ front-end to
> create the parm var decls in this case, to be consistent with "void
> f(int);".  The typedef shouldn't affect the AST generated other than
> the pretty type.

If the C++ front-end could be changed to handle the no-parmvardecl case,
it would also work in the case that not producing them is common.
In general I think there should be some convention, whether they are
produced or not should be the same for both front-ends. Producing them
for C++ and not for C is more confusing.

-Argiris