[cfe-dev] clang crashing with -g

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:13:46 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Roman Divacky <rdivacky at freebsd.org> wrote:
> hi
> #0  0x0896de5c in llvm::isa_impl<clang::TagType, clang::Type> (Val=@0x9234f90) at Casting.h:54

This is deep in the middle of some extremely complicated template
instantiations; it's impossible to say anything without a stack trace.

> I also would like to add that removing "-g" from clang's options makes this crash go away

This means it's probably a bug in codegen for debug info; it's still
experimental, so expect issues.  The line information is pretty
reliable, but generating type information isn't; I think I have a hack
in my tree that adds an early return to type info generation so I can
use -g for the line number info.

-Eli