[cfe-dev] problems when compiling FreeBSD world with clang

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 18 12:31:07 PST 2008

hi

I am just trying to compile FreeBSD userland with clang and the most
frequent lacking feature seems to be

error: cannot codegen this initializer list with designators yet

ie. that

struct foo {
   int a;
   int b;
};

main() {
   struct foo bar = {
      .a = 1,
      .b = 2,
   };
}

does not work. I did not find any mention of this in the bugzilla or tests.
Should I file a bug? Is anyone working on this? what's the status? please
include this test in the tests directory at least :)

the second most frequent one is the lack of support for wide strings, ie. L"foo",
any info on that?

thnx for answering me!

roman

p.s. I have to admit that the progress over the last month (from Oct 18, to Nov 18)
is astonishing... you compile some more programs (csh, stty...), a big THANK YOU!