[cfe-dev] Diagnostic Improvements

Nico Weber nicolasweber at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 22:47:44 PST 2008

Hi,

On 16.11.2008, at 21:25, Chris Lattner wrote:

> Where %u1 prints the unsigned, and %up1 (p=plural, or pick a better
> letter) prints a "s" if the unsigned is != 1, or nothing if it is.

This is not very localizable. First, some languages have more than one
plural form (e.g. russian – they have more than "one" and "many").
Second, in many languages, the plural form is different for different
words. E.g. in German, the plural of "Fehler" ("error") is
"Fehler" (no change), the plural of "Ausnahme" ("exception") is
"Ausnahmen" ("n" added), and the plural of "Baum" ("tree") is
"Bäume" ("e" added, and "a" changed to its umlaut). I have no idea how
relevant this is ;-)

Nico