[cfe-dev] C++ Language Support Library

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 04:50:50 PST 2008

Hi Sebastian,

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding the C++ language support library, there are a few issues that
> I'd like to raise. Please note that this is only about the language
> support part of the C++ standard library.
>
> 1) Which support library do we use?
> There are basically two options here. We can write our own, or we can
> use libsupc++ from GCC.

The licensing issues dominate, so we'll have to write out own. The
good news is that the primary entry points to libsupc++ are mainly
those functions required by the Itanium C++ ABI that GCC implements,
which is specified here:

  http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/abi.html

If we follow that, and allow for some tweaking, we should be able to
maintain compatibility with GCC.

  - Doug