[cfe-dev] Constant expression checking rewrite

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Fri May 16 19:26:49 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Ted Kremenek <kremenek at apple.com> wrote:
> The clients of Expr::isConstantExpr that I see outside of Sema are the
> DeadStores analysis and CGExprAgg.  What interface do you suggest that these
> clients use instead?

CGExprAgg isn't really using it (it's an if around a FIXME), and the
code that might go there should really be checking the LLVM values,
not the AST value.

I'm not exactly sure why the DeadStores pass cares if the value is
constant; maybe it should just be checking for zero and other common
"dummy" initializations?

-Eli