[cfe-dev] Parallelizing clang tests

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Mar 15 04:23:24 PDT 2008

On Mar 15, 2008, at 1:02 AM, Gabor Greif wrote:
> Just for the record, I have checked this in as test/Makefile.parallel,
> you need this patch to clang/Makefile to activate it:

Very nifty.  Some "polish":

a) it would be nice for 'make test VERBOSE=1' to print the old output
(each test name as it is run)
b) when a test fails, it appears that the failure notice is queued up
and printed when testing is done. It would be nice to print those as
discovered.
c) really trivial, it would be nice to print "Running tests: " before
the .'s start flying out.

Overall this is very cool.

-Chris