[cfe-dev] GSL compiles pretty much

Kelly Wilson wilsonkk at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 29 22:12:17 PDT 2008

Thanks for the reply Eli,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Kelly Wilson <wilsonkk at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> There are some errors in landau.c (known clang error
>> in constants.c for the lexer)

>What's the bug number in Bugzilla?

There is no bug number that I am aware of, but the file
../llvm/tools/clang/test/Lexer/constants.c says:

/*RUN clang -fsyntax-only -verify %s
*/

int x = 000000080; /* expected error {{invalid digit}} */

and this is exactly the error that pops up in landau.c.

>> regarding constants but one can fix this by
>> removing leading zeros for a couple lines. I also hand modified the
>> Makefiles to get rid of the '-O2' flag and added the '-lm' linker flag
(one
>> could also just pass this in via configure, I guess).

> You shouldn't need to mess with that... maybe a bug in ccc?

I will check into what ccc is doing here. There was a small patch script on
the list that took care of gcc specific arguments. I assume that it was
incorporated in ccc (or something similar)?

>> The library builds until the gsl-randist tool in the main directory is
>> building, then I get 'undefined reference to __builtin_nanf' all over the
>> place. I thought this was defined internally within LLVM? Any ideas?

> It's a gcc builtin, so it has to be implemented in clang.  There's a
> patch for this at
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2008-May/001744.html, which
> was never finished.

I will check this patch out as well and see how far the compilation gets (I
will be busy until late in the week, then I can look).

> -Eli

K.Wilson