[cfe-dev] test/Sema/typedef-redef.c failure

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Jun 25 00:13:40 PDT 2008

> Uhm, so the reason why clang isn't using its own stddef.h is
> because GetMainExecutable() is returning 'clang' only. It then
> tries to access the /Headers directory and fails.
> This issue has already been reported here for Debian systems,
> but I confirm this is also an issue with Gentoo stable (glibc
> 2.6.1).

You can, in your mind, remove "Debian" and "Gentoo", and if it
pops up, also SUSE and Redhat and whatever, because it's a
generic linux problem.

Seo Sanghyeon already proposed a way to solve this:

> "GetMainExecutable" is a tricky function to implement in
> cross-platform way. The standard Linux method is to resolve
> symlink /proc/self/exe. On Windows, you call GetModuleFileName.
> See http://autopackage.org/docs/binreloc/ for extensive
> discussion.

and I might even implement it, but I don't have much time for
this, so feel free to grab it and implement it faster. :-)