[cfe-dev] Objective-C super parsing

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Sat Jun 21 10:51:36 PDT 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 9:51 AM, David Chisnall wrote:

> This diff fixes parsing of super in Objective-C programs to use a
> built-in decl.  I get no test failures as a result of it, however I
> am getting one test failure for a different reason.  Analysis/
> complex.c fails on FreeBSD because intptr_t is not declared.  This
> comes from stdint, which is not included by stdlib.  Adding this
> diff fixes it, but I don't know if it breaks it on other platforms:

Hi David,

I fixed the test case to use stdint.h.

I'm a little confused.  I'm looking back over the emails (subject:
Objective-C tidy up) and I thought the decision was to not use
PredefinedExpr for super/self/etc.  I could have easily missed an
email (I have a backlog from pre-WWDC).  Could you please clarify (or
be so kind to point me to the email I missed on the list archives,
since you probably remember the exact email exchange).

Best,
Ted