[cfe-dev] Static Analyzer Rocks Hard

Matthew Jimenez tastic at bycrom.org
Wed Jun 18 15:35:53 PDT 2008

Thanks for the awesome work put into the static analyzer. With it I
was able to find a pretty decent number of memory leaks and dead-store
that made me think, "why the hell did we think that was a good idea in
the first place?"
I've not run it against everything I can, but I am very impressed with
it so far.

I have found one false positive in my code that might be a good
candidate to ignore, although I might consider changing my code anyway.
I wrote a test case based on some of the idea behind it (attached).
It can be tested with `scan-build -o . ccc-analyzer -c -o test.o test.m`

Thanks!
-Matthew Jimenez