[cfe-dev] Fast "make test" for windows

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Jun 11 23:02:16 PDT 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:

>> make test : 14m 45s
>> wintest : 45sec
>
> Wow, that's a lot... Process creation is relatively slow on Windows,
> so I'm not especially surprised.  That said, have you tried to figure
> out what exactly is slow for the regular make test?

Agreed.  To me this sound suspiciously slow.  There is no reason it
should take 14m to run 'make test' on a relatively modern machine.

Argiris:  Are the tests being run serially (only one test at a time)?
Are there particular tests that take a long time?  Please try "make
test VERBOSE=1" if you haven't already.