[cfe-dev] Constant CF/NSString and Unicode

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Wed Jul 9 16:10:37 PDT 2008

I just wonder if there is some kind of unicode support in
__builtin___CFStringMakeConstantString.

In the current GCC version, when you compile an objc file, constant
strings that contains non-ascii chars are converted into utf-16
strings and a flag is set into the generated CFString.
The fact that it works only for objc file look more like a design
decision than a technical limit, and this feature can easily be
extended to c files. In fact, I managed to implement this feature in
cc1 and it look like it works. (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me).

And what about clang and unicode CFString ?