[cfe-dev] final distributed clang patch

Csaba Hruska csaba.hruska at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:14:05 PDT 2008

Hi!
Here are the cutted patch files of indepenent changes:
TranslationUnit.patch - adds support (de)serialization (from)to (in memory)
buffer.
Preprocessor.patch - adds a new method (getPredefines) needed for passing
predefines list to clangserver.
ASTConsumers.patch - adds functions what supports capruing ASTConsumer's
output.
I haven't attached clang.cpp, clang.h NetSession.cpp, NetSession.h patch
because they place in source structure is unknown.
We have to refactor the Driver directory content first.

distclang and clangserver requirements (needs redesign or cleanup):
 - ASTConsumer library
 - system headers and defines setup and target setup library (all target
dependent stuff)
 - capture output of PrintPreprocessedOutput.cpp. Ted: openfd is not
acceptable, because we have to know the output size before we send it.
(required by net packet header)
 - platform independent thread and network support. Should these added to
llvm/Support or System library ?

We also have to decide if we want to be distcc compatible or not. And what's
the benefit of distcc compatibility?

I've also attached a skeleton of distclang documentation page (no info yet,
it will be added after the initial commit).

Cheers,
Csaba Hruska