[cfe-dev] Static analyzer

Nico Weber nicolasweber at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 09:45:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently playing with the static analyzer. It looks very nice, it
found a few leaks already. Two comments:

1. It would be very useful to me if the file name of the reports could
include the (beginning of) the original file name. When I'm looking at
the reports in Safari, I could then simply look at the URL bar to see
which file the current report is for.

2. The project I'm checking contains several sections that look like
this:

     const void *bytes = [data bytes];
     int rows = *((int*)bytes); bytes += sizeof(int);

scan_build complains in these cases that "Value stored to 'bytes' is
never read".

Nico