[cfe-dev] C++ status report web page

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Jul 2 07:18:01 PDT 2008

> > Maybe use valign="top"
>
> I tried that but didn't make a difference wherever I put it
> (table,tr,td) (at least on firefox that is).

Couldn't you do that via CSS then ?

> I'm not sure if providing a looong list of missing C++
> features is going to be much more helpful.
> How about we just make it clear that this page lists only C++
> features that Clang has partial/full support for. When clang
> reaches a point where most of C++ is at least partially
> supported, we can add the missing stuff too to complete the
> picture.

Okay, then the page could state "Currently, we only support the
following features whole or partially" (but let a native english
speaker correct this sentence first :-)

BTW, I always like the GNU classpath display of
feature-completeness, e.g. look at
http://builder.classpath.org/japi/jdk15-classpath.html

However, that would need a) a good listing of features, b) lot's
of little test programs for those features, c) either a database
and a CGI or a little tool that does the tests and generates a
static html page.