[cfe-dev] New diff

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 06:14:47 PDT 2008

Okay, I think this all makes sense.  I'll add back in the Selector and
CGM dependency, and resubmit the diff.  It will take me a little while
to refactor and test it with both codebases, but I hope to have
something for you this week (the code for typed selectors isn't dead,
it's just resting.  Both the GNU and Étoilé runtimes use these and can
easily - or do already - support errors on lookups with incorrectly
typed selectors.  The GNUstep implementation of Distributed Objects is
also faster if typed selectors are used, since it avoids the extra
call to -methodSignatureForSelector: which can trigger a dozen or so
message sends to look up information which can be provided by the
compiler).

David