[cfe-dev] Skipping Objective C tests

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jan 8 16:02:28 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:

> This is a tip for people not interested in Objective C (like I).
> Especially, clang currently fails all Objective C tests for me because
> I don't have Objectice C headers (duh).
>
> Open test/Makefile, and delete "-or -name '*.m'" part in find run.
>
> By the way, is there some way to detect presence of Objective C
> headers reliably? If so, make test could skip Objective C tests
> automatically.

The right answer is probably to move all the objc tests out into a
separate directory (ParseObjC, SemaObjC etc), and then have the driver
for the tests skip them if not present.  The driver is currently just
makefile goop, we could use $(shell ls /usr/include/objc/objc.h) to
determine if it exists or something like that.

What do you think?

-Chris