[cfe-dev] Implementation of stdbool.h

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:06:02 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:25 AM, Timo Savola <timo.savola at iki.fi> wrote:
> This is a bit irrelevant in more than one way at the moment, but for
>  future G++ compatibility there should be a check for __cplusplus.

Hmm, that's a good point... I hadn't really thought about C++.  I
won't mess with it for now, and we can audit the headers for C++
support once a significant fraction are implemented (the C++ standard
has its own extensive section about standard headers which I haven't
read in detail).

> (Does
>  the GCC compatibility of clang extend beyond the command-line parameters
>  of the ccc wrapper script?)

clang intends to be gcc-compatible as far as is necessary for existing
code to continue working, which means supporting essentially every
interesting gcc extension.  Of course, some stuff still isn't
complete.

-Eli