[cfe-dev] Templates (again)

Andrew Sutton andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:09:29 PST 2008

I found that I'm going to have a little free time since my university is
basically shutting down for the holidays, so I thought I'd spend some time
revisiting my previous templates work. I'm just not entirely sure where to
start. I started looking at building an AST node for template template
parameters (for parity with type and non-type params) and realized that I
probably have to define a TemplateDecl AST node as a base class that can
also serve as a utility or node for template definitions.

Does this sound way off base? I think it's probably the right direction, but
wanted to check before I proceed.

I'm pulling all of my changes through mercurial so I can publish the diffs a
little easier. It's based on Dan's tree on BitBucket. My local copy is here:

http://warhol.sdml.cs.kent.edu/~asutton/clang/

If you clone this, the changes aren't merged so you'll need to "hg merge
asutton/template-2" before the patches are applied to your local copy.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton at gmail.com