[cfe-dev] Exception handling on Windows

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:22:15 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Marshall Clow <marshall at idio.com> wrote:
> At 7:06 AM +0900 12/14/08, Bill Baxter wrote:

> Absolutely. But Clang isn't a C++ compiler .... yet.

Hmm that makes me wonder -- what's the most sophisticated compiler
built on top of LLVM today?

Could it be that this LLVM D compiler is it?  From what I understand,
it already compiles a large D standard library suite, exceptions and
templates and all --  under Linux at least.

> At the last LLVM developer's meeting, it was stated that ( note use of
> passive voice - since my notes don't show who said it ;-)) that full C++
> functionality was a target for 2010.

Ok.  Well, at least there is a target.  That's good to hear.  Is there
a chance some pushing from you guys and the D guys combined could get
Windows exception handling prioritized a little higher?  (That's
assuming it's something you'd like to see too).   Or is LLVM
development not really steerable in that way?

Thanks,
--bb