[cfe-dev] Probems of semantic analysis for dllimport / dllexport attributes

Ilya Okonsky I_Okon_work at ukr.net
Mon Dec 1 14:03:22 PST 2008

Hello!

Currently  I'm  working on semantic analysis for dllimport / dllexport
attributes
(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Function-Attributes.html#index-g_t_0040code_007b_005f_005fdeclspec_0028dllexport_0029_007d-2126
and
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Function-Attributes.html#index-g_t_0040code_007b_005f_005fdeclspec_0028dllimport_0029_007d-2127).
The  main  problem  seen  so  far  is that handling of decl attributes
occurs  very  early  -  before  the  function  body  (if  any) will be
available.  However,  correct  semantic  checks  of  these  attributes
require,  that  information  whether we have declaration or definition
should be available. What is the best place for inserting such checks?